November 2, 2011

Is that a Snowflake?

Oh wait it's 70 degrees outside. I feel like fall has scooted right past us. I haven't really seen the vibrant colors I usually do. Maybe it's because of the dry summer? I don't know. Anyways whether it feels like fall or not I am thinking of winter. So today I did a little winterizing in the form of draining and taking in garden hoses and getting my potting shed tidied up. Since Eric got electricity to his garage, I inherited what I call the potting shed. After a busy summer of yardwork and gardening it looks a little like this.


and this...

and this...



Yes I had mouse friends that liked the sunflowers I grew this summer. At least someone likes them; the birds are turning up their noses at them. Maybe they will be more enticing when we get three feet of snow on the ground ;).

After some cleaning and reorganizing it was looking better.





I reused the coutertop we cut out to fit our sink as a cutting board of sorts on the potting bench. More on the kitchen progress later.

Not wanting to throw anything useful away I also emptied all my little planters of dirt with deceased seedlings in them into one coffee can. Now I have a jar of dirt for next year. Where's my jar of dirt? Leftover Halloween candy for whoever guesses that movie reference :).



So what about you guys? Do you have any outdoor spaces that need some sprucing up before winter hits?

No comments:

Post a Comment